|Jobdescription||About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KYOU-TV is the FOX, NBC, The CW, Circle, Grit, and True Crime Network affiliated television station for the area of Southeastern Iowa and Northeastern Missouri. KYOU-TV signed on the air more than 35 years ago. The TV station serves more than 9 counties in Iowa and Missouri with more than 37,000 television households. The main office is located in Ottumwa and is dedicated to being a part of our communities and sharing the stories of the people we serve. KYOU-TV is owned by Gray Television.
The Account Executive position at KYOU is an exciting opportunity to work with local and regional businesses in a consultative role. By administering exceptional customer service for current clients and using creativity and confidence to close new businesses, the Account Executive position is a fulfilling way to make a difference in the community and help the station grow.
This challenging and rewarding position will be responsible for the development of new business partnerships, including local station initiatives, and digital advertising sales.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects, learn about their business, and propose solutions
• Sell broadcast and digital products by establishing contact and develop relationships with prospects
• Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information and guidance; recommend new opportunities
• Maintain quality service
• Keep up-to-date on all products and services offered; learn new products and understand how clients can benefit from using them
•Make monthly broadcast and digital goals
• Stay organized; help client succeed in their business
• Previous sales experience is required. Strong written and verbal communication skills required
• Must excel in presentation skills, developing strong client relationships, prospecting skills, meeting sales goals, and sales planning
• Must be self-motivated, have strong organizational skills, and carry a positive attitude
• Must have good computer skills, and a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
• Must have a clean driving record
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KYOU-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Yes. Will have to travel to different local locations for stories.
Licenses & Certifications
|Apply||Please visit the link below to apply for this position: