Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Morning Show Producer/Midday Personality (Full Time)
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
The audio revolution is here – and iHeart is leading it! From broadcast radio to digital streaming radio to podcasting, audio continues to grow – and iHeart, which reaches 90% of Americans every month, is the #1 audio company in America across every one of those platforms. We’re the home of many of the country’s most popular and trusted on-air personalities and podcast influencers; we build important connections with hundreds of communities across America; we create and produce some of the most popular and well-known branded live music events in America; and we have the only complete audio ad technology stack in the industry for all forms of audio, from on demand to broadcast radio, digital streaming radio and podcasting. Only one company in America has the #1 position in everything audio: iHeartMedia.
If you’re excited about this role but don’t feel your experience aligns perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At iHeartMedia we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and are looking for teammates passionate about what we do!
What We Need:
We’re seeking a talented Broadcast Producer to assist with the planning and production of our live morning radio show on 1040 WHO (news/talk) and voice-tracked midday shift for 107.5 KISS FM (Top 40).
What You'll Do:
Leads in the Planning and Show Direction
- Participates in daily planning meeting with Show Hosts, News Staff, Farm Staff
- Contributes ideas .
- Creates and communicates the daily show plan
- Details implementation throughout the show
- With particular emphasis on “Topic A” pieces
- And key local and national events for consideration
- identify stories
- Secures and Identifies audio
Production for each show
- Produce daily show audio pieces.
- Capture and cut audio from current day show for use in promos and liners, social media, and recycle liners for the next days' show.
- work with show hosts to obtain contact information.
- setting up appearances and coordinate timing with guest and hosts.
- maintain the contact rolodex.
Operation of audio console
- familiar with both the all control room and host studio operations
- talent studio
- news studio
- farm studio
- Understand operation of the Gentner Phone system
- including interfaces with adjoining studios
- Act as phone screener for all phone calls to the show
- Familiar with setting up remote broadcast connections and IFB ‘talk back’ connections.
Monitor EAS system.
- for Weekly and Monthly EAS Tests
- for unscheduled EAS Severe Weather Announcements
Monitor log compliance.
- work with Traffic Director to insure 100% clearance of all scheduled commercials.
- notify Traffic Director of any missed commercials and begin working to get them rescheduled, due to breaking news, long running segments or other instances where commercials did not air as scheduled.
Monitor on air content.
- For Inappropriate comments and be prepared at all times to use delay to prevent them from airing.
Coordinate back timing.
- with show hosts to hit top/bottom of the hour newscasts and other key benchmarks.
Work with On Air traffic Anchor
- to monitor traffic flow in the city
- pass along reports on traffic tie ups and accidents
- and when traffic has returned to normal
Monitors radio stream during all live programs.
Coordinate Promotions and contests for the show
- Handling creation and execution of contests/promotions
- Tracking of prizes and entering winner info in PromoSuites
- Prize fulfillment
Daily posts content to website
- edits audio for podcasts
- uploads to the site
Daily posts content to social media
Monitors social media.
- Review all platforms, create appropriate content and audience engagement for:
Emails to show hosts.
- Forwarding them to the programming Team
- Send to Management when appropriate.
Listener phone calls
- Handle listener phone calls
- Directing them to the right station personnel
- Seeking information or expressing opinions
Influencer and Endorsement campaigns
- Instructs show hosts on upcoming live spots.
- Assists show host with timing of spots.
What You'll Need:
Ability to Voice Track midday shift on KKDM-FM
Daily Log Schedule
- Coordinate with traffic department
- Assist Program Director.
- Making sure each hour is filled in NexGen system.
- All other voice tracks are in the log.
- Back timing Elvis Duran Morning show
- Filling hard time stop sets.
- Make the show sound seamless.
Manage Prizing on KKDM-FM
- With Program Director vision
- Create client recaps and follow throughs.
- Manage Giveaways
- Execution of promotions,
- Coordinate all prizing.
Social Media content Monitoring for Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, Twitter
- Interact with Listeners in a timely fashion.
- Reply to any comments.
- Field any questions
- Coordinate w/ Program Director
- Figure out appropriate timing.
Influencer and Endorsement campaigns as needed by clients.
- Perform Influencer spots during Midday Show
- Record commercials that air outside of show.
- Discuss availability for client meetings with Account Excutive
- Be available for Live Remotes
- Outside of the midday show
- Provide audio.
- Clips from remotes
- To Account Executives
- to be used in sales recaps
- sales pieces.
Social media posts
- Execute all posts directed by account executives.
- on Facebook,
- On Tik Tok,
- On Instagram
- On Twitter.
What You'll Bring:
Respect for others and a strong belief that others should do this in return
Ability to work within prescribed guidelines without needing close supervision
Problem solving skills within established procedures
Understanding of when to seek guidance for unforeseen problems
Close attention to detail
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to act in a professional manner and collaborate with colleagues of different levels
Des Moines, IA: 2141 Grand Ave, 50312
iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
Company provided and supplemental life insurance
Paid vacation and sick time
Paid company holidays, including a floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
A 401K plan
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost – services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
?A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Non-Compete will be required for certain positions and as allowed by law.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.