News Anchor/Reporter PM
|Position||NEWS ANCHOR/REPORTER (PM) - KCRG/KYOU|
|Jobdescription||About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KCRG-TV9 is the most-watched and most-trusted news outlet covering Eastern Iowa. Based in Cedar Rapids with a bureau in Dubuque, we are dedicated to being a part of our community and keeping that community informed. We produce 6 hours of news each day, support a robust social media and digital platform, and carry 100 live sports and community events a year with our live production unit.
KYOU is the FOX and NBC affiliate in Southeastern Iowa and Northeastern Missouri with its main office in Ottumwa, Iowa. The station produces a newscast each weeknight that airs on Fox and NBC.
KCRG-TV9 and KYOU are seeking a 9PM anchor and reporter. Based in the Cedar Rapids studio, this position will anchor 9PM newscasts M-F. This position will also report daily for both KYOU and KCRG newscasts. Occasional producing may be required for anchored newscasts, as well as fill-in anchoring on other newscasts.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
• Anchor newscasts, presenting information clearly and professionally
• Find and develop news stories around information and events in the area
• Creatively shoot, write, and edit locally-produced news reports
• Write and post stories and videos for the station's digital platforms
• Develop social media audience and engage with that audience regularly
• Maintain high journalistic standards in line with the station's brand and goals
• Write and produce newscasts, as needed
• Minimum 1 year of on-air experience
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Journalism, Mass Communications, or related field or equivalent professional experience.
Experience shooting and editing video (Edius or Premiere Pro) required. ENPS a plus
• Ability to produce content in the field independently
• Strong writing and proof-reading skills
• Strong ad-libbing and interviewing skills
• Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines
• Must be a highly motivated self-starter, able to work well alone and as part of a team
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong customer service skills are a must
• Drivers license and good driving record is required
• Ability to pay careful attention to detail while under pressure of deadlines
• Strong ability to find answers and solve problems
Interested/Qualified applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KCRG/KYOU-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Required - Bachelors or better in Journalism or related field.
Licenses & Certifications
Required - Drivers License
|Apply||To apply for this open position, please visit the link below: