National Sales Manager
|Position||National Sales Manager|
|Jobdescription||The National Sales Manager is responsible for leading the day to day operations of the National Sales department, including development of new business and achievement of revenue goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides leadership for the broadcast/web sales teams, to include performance evaluations
• Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in national, Political, Digital and new product revenue
• Helps manages inventory and forecast revenue
• Manages national and Political Accounts Receivable
• Will be expected and trusted to make out of market sales trips when necessary
• Must be proficient in Nielsen/ComScore ratings systems with the ability to be a leader on our team in terms of garnering and sharing research with our teams
• Calls on accounts with Account Executives
• Drives new business development
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum three years’ experience in sales, preferably in the media field
• Valid driver’s license
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The National Sales Manager must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Nexstar Media Group is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Nexstar owns, operates, programs or provides sales and other services to 197 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 115 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). Nexstar’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. Nexstar’s community portal websites offer additional hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content while creating new revenue opportunities. Nexstar also owns WGN America, a growing national general entertainment cable network and a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset. For more information please visit www.nexstar.tv.
Nexstar Media Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
|Apply||To be considered for this position you must apply online via https://whotv.com/contact/employment-opportunities/ search for JOB ID 2019-50239. Please remember to attach your cover letter, resume and a link to your demo reel (if applicable).