Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
The audio revolution is here – and iHeart is leading it! From broadcast radio to digital streaming radio to podcasting, audio continues to grow – and iHeart, which reaches 90% of Americans every month, is the #1 audio company in America across every one of those platforms. We’re the home of many of the country’s most popular and trusted on-air personalities and podcast influencers; we build important connections with hundreds of communities across America; we create and produce some of the most popular and well-known branded live music events in America; and we have the only complete audio ad technology stack in the industry for all forms of audio, from on demand to broadcast radio, digital streaming radio and podcasting. Only one company in America has the #1 position in everything audio: iHeartMedia.
If you’re excited about this role but don’t feel your experience aligns perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At iHeartMedia we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and are looking for teammates passionate about what we do!
What We Need:Provides programming and control board support for live sports on KXNO-AM/FM.
What You'll Do:
iHeartMedia/Des Moines has immediate openings for a Board Operator at Iowa's leading sports station!
KXNO-AM/FM is looking for a someone who will embrace our tools and training to grow their professional talents and learn how to entertain and engage our audiences.
Past personnel in this role have gone on to become highly successful radio personalities in a variety of roles and formats.
• Operates audio console and our digital on-air system for local and network talk shows and live sporting events.
• Also working studio, network, and remote programming as assigned.
• Regulates program timing, operates live and syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
• Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
• Supports off-air audio and digital production, programming automation computers.
• Protects station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
• Executes playlists for server, recorded, or simulcast programming.
• Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards.
• Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
• Monitors and updates weather, traffic and news reports into automation equipment.
• Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
• Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates, breaking stories, alert system tests, etc.).
• Ability to learn operation of NexGEN digital on-air system and Adobe Audition for audio editing.
• Must demonstrate strong ability for time management and attention to detail
• Ability to work without close supervision
• The primary shift for this position will be weekday and weekend evenings.
• Available for additional shifts as needed
• Functions well in a fast-paced environment with tight time frames and multiple demands
• Must have a passion for flawless execution
• Works well in a team environment
• While 6 months in a related role and/or technical training is preferred it is not required.
What You'll Bring:
Location:Des Moines, IA: 2141 Grand Ave, 50312
Time Type:Part time
iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Please click here to apply for this job.
|Apply Online URL: