|Company||Des Moines Radio Group|
|Jobdescription||Attention music lover! Can you wake up early, ready to be creative and have fun?
Are you ready to be part of a business that is all about making people happy?
And, of course, do you want to get paid to do it? Cool! Keep reading…
The 2023 Special Internship with the Des Moines Radio Group will concentrate on supporting a legendary radio group’s personalities– especially in the morning – and growing brands. Additional time will be spent learning about the radio business in the studio, business office and marketing department. After 10-weeks, you will have a working knowledge of radio, digital marketing, sales, branding, and some fun stories to share.
The position is up to 35-hours a week, including some weekends. You will start with a 1-week overview of the radio business, then move into an intensive 8-week work/ study experience with one radio station/ morning show – taking additional projects as assigned – followed by 1-week with promotions, including time at the Iowa State Fair. (Length of assignments may vary.)
Skills or classes that may be helpful for an applicant (applicants will be considered without these):
Classes or skills in social media, marketing, data tracking/analytics, creative writing, communication – including computer studies, media, and broadcasting. Audio and video editing. Web and/ or graphic design.
Details: The DMRG Special Internship is awarded to a graduating high school senior or current college student with an interest in, and aptitude for, the business of Radio Broadcasting.
Applications must be entered by April 21, 2023 and include:
1) An example of an applicant’s ambition to pursue a career in broadcast communications.
2) An unofficial transcript to show the student is in good standing.
3) Completed application form, resume, and cover letter.
4) Willingness to commit to a 10-week, first-hand, summer internship at the Des Moines Radio Group in Des Moines, Iowa from June 12 – August 21, 2023. You MUST be able to complete the promotions portion of this internship taking place August 7-21st.
• The DMRG Scholarship is $5,000 (gross) to be paid as taxable wages bi-weekly during the internship. The student is responsible for any housing costs during the internship.
(Employees and family members of Saga Communications, its subsidiaries or competing companies within a 100-mile radius are not eligible.)
|Apply||Please send your resume and cover letter to
Des Moines Radio Group c/o Leigh McNabb 1416 Locust St. Des Moines, IA 50309
Please no calls