Local legacy CBS / FOX combo on the banks of the mighty Mississippi River in beautiful Quad Cities. We are a top 100 market that is seeking a SUPERSTAR Weekend Meteorologist/Reporter. Our amazing work & play community is home to the world headquarters of John Deere. We are in central proximity to major metro areas including Chicago, Des Moines, Madison, and St. Louis.
The Weekend Meteorologist forecast weather conditions and produces and anchors weather reports for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers. Candidates must also be willing to report. Shooting, writing and editing skills preferred.
- Produces and presents weather reports for all platforms.
- Ensures that all weather content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers weather stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching, and coordinating weather programming and other content.
- Responds to breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
- Works closely with the weather team to develop comprehensive weather coverage.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Writes web stories detailing the local forecast on a daily basis.
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Minimum two years’ experience in weather reporting or anchoring. (More or less depending on market size.)
- Superior on-air presence.
- Experience guiding, directing, and motivating others.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
- Strong understanding of the field of meteorology and a proven track record of forecasting.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!