Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
The audio revolution is here – and iHeart is leading it! From broadcast radio to digital streaming radio to podcasting, audio continues to grow – and iHeart, which reaches 90% of Americans every month, is the #1 audio company in America across every one of those platforms. We’re the home of many of the country’s most popular and trusted on-air personalities and podcast influencers; we build important connections with hundreds of communities across America; we create and produce some of the most popular and well-known branded live music events in America; and we have the only complete audio ad technology stack in the industry for all forms of audio, from on demand to broadcast radio, digital streaming radio and podcasting. Only one company in America has the #1 position in everything audio: iHeartMedia.
If you’re excited about this role but don’t feel your experience aligns perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At iHeartMedia we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and are looking for teammates passionate about what we do!
What We Need:
Farm Director with a strong knowledge of all aspects of Iowa agriculture and the ability to provide useful information to farmers and ranchers.
What You'll Do:
• Performs news and talk program for broadcast information and entertainment.
• Establishes relationship with listeners by providing information consistent with the needs of the target audience.
• Establishes relationships with agriculture leaders in government and industry to discern trends and best practices.
• Adheres to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, iHeartMedia, the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws, including policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
• Prepares for an air shift using creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting on-air material.
• Ensures logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired.
• Maintains a website blog as social media pages.
• Participates in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
• Makes regular approved appearances at paid and non-paid station events; serves as ambassador for the radio station(s) when out in public.
• Serves as primary creative voice and directs support staff of show.
• Researches and gains knowledge of subject matter that facilitates speaking extemporaneously and providing immediate non-scripted analysis/commentary.
• Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Prepares written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs, or other social media platforms.
• Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
• Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates and breaking stories, emergencies, alert system tests, etc.); is on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
What You'll Need:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems; familiar with NexGen, Vox Pro, and Pro Tools
• Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
• Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
• Demonstrated upbeat personality, informative, entertaining and engaging on the air; able to relate to station audience
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills; proficient in grammar; ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
• Demonstrated creativity and imagination
• Able to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities
• Can work well in a team environment; collaborative
• Able to adapt to changes in schedules and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines
• May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish
• 3+ years of on-air farm radio experience is preferred.
• Audio demo of on-air interviews, commentary, announcements, etc.
• A 4-year college degree is preferred, preferably in Communications, Agriculture, or Broadcast Journalism
• Equivalent work experience in farm broadcast or journalism is also acceptable.
• None required
What You'll Bring:
Des Moines, IA: 2141 Grand Ave, 50312
iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
Company provided and supplemental life insurance
Paid vacation and sick time
Paid company holidays, including a floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
A 401K plan
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost – services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
?A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.